Pilot's Handbook Chap 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Flawed designs because he kept bird like wings
Leonardo da Vinci
1783 Joseph and Etieune Montgolfier
First hot air balloon
1783 First gas balloon
Professor Jacques Charles
Father of Aerial Navigation
Sir George Cayley
Failed steam powered monoplane
William Samuel Henson
Proved human flight in aircraft heavier then air was practical
Flew at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina on December 17, 1903
Wilber and Orville Wright
St Petersburg Florida bussinessman started the first commercial airline.
P. E. Fansler
First schedualed airline flight
January 1, 1914
First Airmail flight conducted between New York and Washington D.C.
May 15, 1918
Congress passed Air Commerce act
May 20, 1926
First license issued to a pilot by a civilian agency of the federal government.
- William P. MacCracken Jr.
- April 6, 1927
First certification of airworthiness
Buhl Airster CA-3
March 29, 1927
Aeronautics branch renamed Bureau of Air Commerce
- William J. Hughes Technical Center
- Avaition research and development, test and evaluation
- Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center
- Aviation safty-related and business support services
14 CFR part 43
Aircraft maintenance, preventitive amintenance, rebuilding, and alterations
14 CFR part 91
Provides guidance in the areas of general flight rules, visual flight rules (VFR) and instrument flight rules (IFR)
14 CFR part 61
- Cirtification of pilots, flight instructors, and ground instructors.
- Defines eligibility, auronautical knowledge, flight proficiency as well as training requirements for each type of cirtification required.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview