The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Complete the senctece.
____ must stay in constant motion to maintain ________.
Describe a CLOSED CIRCUIT.
oxygentated blod and dexoygenated blood doesn't mix
Describe the PULMONARY CIRCUIT.
- closed circuit
- carries CO2 rich blood
- to lungs
Describe the SYSTEMIC CIRCUIT.
- closed circuit
- transports O2 rich blood
- to body
What are the ATRIA for?
collecting blood returning to the heart
What are the VENTRICLES for?
discharge blood into vessels to leave the heart
What is the PERICARDIUM?
serous membrane lining pericardial cavity that surrounds heart
What is the VISCERAL PERICARDIUM?
- simple squamous
- covers outer surface of heart
What is the function of the VISCERAL PERICARDIUM?
lubricate serousmembrane to prevent friction from heart beat
What is the PARIETAL PERICARDIUM?
- lines inner surface of pericardial sac
- bag-like, loosely arounf heart
- continuous with pericardium
- 2 layer
What is the function of the PERICARDIAL SAC?
prevent the heart from expanding too much
Describe the position of the heart.
- slightly to left
- at oblique angle
- rotated left
Describe the FIBROUS SKELETON.
- 4 valves
- does not conduct electrical impulse
What are the functions of the FIBROUS SKELETON?
atria and ventricles contract separately because of lack of myocardium
How is an electriacl impulse conducted through the AV NODE?
- 1 AV node in RT atrium gets signal from atria
- 2 passes it to ventricular septum
- 3 initiates ventricular contraction
What is the PATHWAY of BLOOD through the <3?
- 1blood comes in from body 9pulmonary veins
- 2right atrium 10left atrium
- 3tricuspid valve 11mitral valve
- 4right ventricle 12left ventricle
- 5pulmonary valve 13lungs
- 6pulmonary trunk 14body
- 7R&L pulmonary arteries 15venae cavae
- 8lungs 16<3
Describe of the CUSPS of the TRICUSPID VALVE.
- held in place by chordae
- anchored by papillary muscles
What is the LUB sound of the heart?
closing of AV valves when ventricles contract
What is the DUP sound of the heart?
semiulnar valves parachute open and seal back to entrance to ventricles
Describe the CORONARY CIRCUIT.
- 1st thing to come of aorta
- 1st supplied with blood
- arises from ascending aorta
How does the CORONARY CIRCUIT return to the heart?
through the great cardiac vein
How does the CORONARY CIRCUIT enter the RT ATRIUM?
through the coronary sinus