The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
PSOSE requests a discharge change at DSY. Describe how you would go about this?
- Open up the Converting WC operations screen in Web CM
- Change operation to “Position to Flow”
- Select ACC as LMC and Reservoir as CMS
- Check Forebay indicated is accurate, if not than manually enter
- Enter the current SPOG gate openings and record the CMS flow
- Determine the allowable rate of change that is permitted for the current Daisy Lake Discharge and implement the change at the necessary intervals on the DSY water screen.
Is manual pulsing allowed at CMS? Explain.
Since CMS has a very sensitive ramp down rate maximum (1.5 cms/min when plant total is <40MW) PID should be the only method used for adjusting MW output. Manual pulsing is susceptible to error and is not allowed.
Both units are online G1=40 MW and G2=40 MW. G2 trips offline while ramping to 0 MW, what action would you take?
Action may not be necessary since the plant output remains 40MW or higher. PSOSE may want you to bring up G1 temporarily and then bring it down by 10MW/per minute.
Are there generation increase rates at CMS?
There is no limit on generation increase rates at CMS; only generation decrease rates.
What are the 2 maximum generation decrease rates at CMS?
- When total plant output is above 40MW, the maximum generation decrease rate is 10MW/min.
- When total plant output is below 40MW, maximum generation decrease rates are 1.5 MW/min.
G1 is offline and you are ramping G2 from 40 to 10 (using PID as you should). Is there a maximum ramp rate? What would you do if G2 tripped offline and locked out at 30 MW?
Yes there are ramp rates. When plant total is 40MW or less, maximum generation decrease rate is 1.5MW/min which should executed with PID. If G2 tripped offline, start G1 and bring it up to the last known value of G2 before it tripped and continue ramp down at 1.5 MW/min to 10MW, wait 5 min before shutting down. Notify PSOSE of violation.
When shutting down either unit at CMS, what is important to remember to do after you have used the PID to lower output to a minimum and before initiating shutdown?
Wait 5 minutes at minimum output.
Why is Cheakamus an important plant for a Lower Mainland system restoration? Where would you find information about this?
6T-70, CMS is the quickest source for a Station Service supply and unit start-up power (approximately 5 MW) for Burrard Thermal.
What mode must LFC be in for PID to work with CMS? Why?
LFC must be on since CMS was previously an AGC controlled plant.
When starting units at CMS, will they automatically sync?
Yes there is auto sync. Once the unit is running there will be an alarm to indicate as such and the necessary breaker can be closed.
Does CMS have black start capability? If so, is it remote or local?
CMS has remote black start capability.