anp lab 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
these structures are composed of a primarey oocyte surrounded by a single layer of sqamous cells
- these follicles are larger then the primordial follicles and the primary egg
- they are surrounded by several layers of cubodial cells
these follicles develop a fluid filled cavity called the antrum that surrounds the secondary oocyte
- these large follicles have a well developed central chanber called the antrum
- the granulosa cells surrounds the outside of the antrum
- the secondary oocyte is pushed to one side and is surrounded by several alyers of cells
- the zona pellucida is glycoprotiein gelatinous covering the oocyte
- the corona radiata is a layer of cells that surround the zona pellucida on the inside of the antrum
this is the glandular tissue that develops from the mature follicle after ovulation of the secondary oocyte
- these are the priamary reproducuive organs of females
- they are located on the posterior wall of the female body cavity in the superior pelvic region
- they contain the ovarian follicles that produce secondary oocytes and hormone like estrogen and progesterone
- these are small ducts that open into the body cavity near each of the ovaries they extedn from the overies to the uterus
- the secondary ooctye or zygote travels from the ovaries through the tubes to the uterus. fertilzation most often occurs in the uterine tubes.
- the uterine tuves are alson known as t fallopian tuves or oviducts
- the uterine tubes widen into a funnel shaped structure that opens into the body cavity immediately next to the ovary.
- the opening of the infundibulum has long and thin feathrer like projections called fimbraie.
- these tsrureres facilitate the movement of the secondary oocyte into the uterine tube
- this is a thick muscular organ that lies between the uterine tubes and vagina. it is positioned poseterior to the urinary bladder, and anterior to the recutem
- the innermost layer of the uterus is called the endometruim and serves as the location of fetal development
this structure is the inferior part of the uterus, immediatley superior to the vagina
- this is the tube that extends from theuterus to the outside of the females body
- it is the female copulatory organ and is designed to recieve the males penis
- it also seves as the channel for childbirth and mensturation
- this is the females exteral genitalia
- it is composed of four structures
- mons pubis
- labia majora
- labia minora
- this is a pad of fatty tissue that is superior to the pubic symphysis.
- it serves to cushion the pubic symphysis during intercourse
- these are a pair of thick folds of skin on either side of the vaginal opening.
- they partially protect the vaginal opening and are involved in secual arousal
these are a pair of small fols of skin that lie beneath the labia majora and surround the urtral and vaginal openings
- this is a samll progection located between the labia majora just below the mons pubis
- it is homologous to the glans penis in males and functions in sexual arousal
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview