Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The basilar membrane within the cochlea of the inner ear is a stiff structural element that separates two liquid-filled tubes that run along the coil of the cochlea, the scala media and the scala tympani
- The ossicles (also called auditory
- ossicles) are the three smallest bones in the human body. They are
- contained within the middle ear space and serve to transmit sounds from the air
- to the fluid-filled labyrinth (cochlea). The absence of the auditory ossicles
- would constitute a moderate-to-severe hearing loss. The term
- "ossicles" literally means "tiny bones" and commonly refers
- to the auditory ossicles, though the term may refer to any small bone
- throughout the body.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview