Describe pathogenesis of EHEC.
1) Express ____ secretion system, ____, and _____ for binding
2) Secretes ___which crosses the epithelium and is carried by the blood
3) The _____ subunits of Stx bind to host__________, also known as____.
4) After endocytosis of Stx, the ____ subunit leaves the compartment and binds to/ cleaves the _____ of the ____ subunit.
5) This disrupts ______
6) Endothelial cell death occurs and can lead to coagulation in the microvasculature, platelet consumption, red cell fragmentation, decreased glomerular filtration, and renal failure
- 1) Type III SS, Tir, intimin (A/E phenotype on epi.)
- 2) Stx
- 3) B subunit, Globotriaosylceramide, GB3
- 4) A subunit, 28S rRNA, 60S
- 5) Protein synthesis