Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name the characteristics of a personal trainer
- ~Knoledgeable - anatomy, biomechanics, nutrition, joint structure and kinesiology; otherwise possible client injury will increase
- ~Empathetic - Sincere interest and caring 'like'
- ~Professonal - affects the image, punctuality, appearance, presentation, hygiene & customer service
- ~Psychologists - people skills, when to be... stern, push, disciplinarian, caring listener, don't become too friendly may ask for discount, stay out of personal life
- ~Companions - keep conversation focused on clients goals. Payed appointment, wont miss it.
- ~Communicators (visual, auditory, kinesthetic-be careful of where you place your hands.
- ~Teacher- know the subject knowledge and background information
- ~Patient -goes both ways
- ~Considerate - make sure the client is comfortable. Ex: obese workout in a secluded area
- ~versatile -must be able to use other methods and tools when there are limited options.
- ~salesman - sell yourself
- ~Proactive - must use action and decide, help make your client make things happen
What is the scope of practice?
fitness professionals involved in developing and implementing an individualized approach to assess, motivate, educate and train individuals to exercise, recuperate and eat correctly.
What are some legal issues that personal trainers may face?
- ~Pre-activity health screening of clients
- interpreting the results
- ~Developing of physical activity recommendations and parameters for training
- ~Instruction and supervision of physical activity
- ~Emergency preparations
- ~Timely fulfillment of your services
What are some ways to protect personal trainiers under lawsuites?
- ~Provide risk forms/waivers/releases
- ~secure comprehensive liablity insurance
- ~Informed consent agreements
- ~adhere to standards and guidelines
- ~Perform physical fitness appraisals and develop individual exercise plans with their clients
What are the 10 rules of Gym Etiquette?
- 1. Wipe equipment after use
- 2. Let people work in
- 3. Don't do aerobics in weight room
- 4. Don't lift weights in stretching area
- 5. Keep weight room floor clear of loose objects
- 6. when using dumbells, stand a few feet back from the rack
- 7. Use the equipment for what it is designed for
- 8. If a person has headphones on, leave them alone
- 9. Don't stand in someone's line of sight to the mirror
- 10. Return all equipment to its proper place
Certified Personal Trainers should...(13)
- 1. Act with integrity in any relationship with clients
- 2. Act with integrity in relationship with colleagues, fellow employers and health care professionals. Never solicit business from another trainer's client
- 3. Ensure safe and enjoyable training environment
- 4. Distinguish between personal convictions or opinions
- 5. Should keep the clients best interests first
- 6. Refer clients to appropriately qualified professionals when client need is greater than the trainer's knowledge or abilities
- 7. Keep abreast of new developments, concepts and practices
- 8. Respect a client's right to privacy
- 9. Avoid sexually oriented comments
- 10. Provide non-biased, fair and equal treatment to all clients
- 11. Use advertisements to promote informed judgements, choices and decisions
- 12. Maintain an appearance good in hygiene, safety and of good taste
- 13. Remain focused