American Gov 8&9
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- process by which voters gain their political attitudes.
- Socialogical (age, race)
- Psychological (family)
someone who carries more influence
What influences us (parents, media, education)
5 steps to scientific voting
- define universe
- get good randome sample
- prepare valid questions
- select polling process
- report findings
4 ways to discover public opinion
Elections, interest groups, personal contact, opinion polls
3 ways interest groups differ from political parties
- Nominations- party tries to win the office. Interest groups tries to influence whoever wins
- Primary Interst- party wants to win elections to control government. Interest groups influence both
- Scope of Interest-parties entitle public policy. Interest groups 1 thing.
Interest groups are also called
4 types of interest groups
- Business groups
- labor groups
- Agricultural groups
- Professional groups
What interst groups do
- Influence public opinion
- Work to effect outcome of election
- Lobby those officials that make a policy
questioning a large number of random people
people in interst group that pressure legislators into what they want for the public policy
organization of those who share the type of job or who work in the same industry.
from the common people, the average voters
media used to influence others
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview