Modern Devotion attracted followers who became __.
Brothers of the Common Life
- 1. Houses of the Brothers, and Sisters of the Common Life, were founded
- 2. Not regular religious orders
- a. Laypeople who took no formal monastic vows but were nevertheless regulated by quasi-monastic rules that they imposed on their own communities
- i. Established schools throughout Germany and the Netherlands in which they stressed their message of imitating the life of Jesus by serving others
- b. Attest to the vitality of spiritual life among lay Christians in the 14th century