Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
3 levels of biodiversity
- genetic diversity,
- species diversity
- ecosystem diversity
requires differ tools at differ spatial scales
mass extinction due to?
goals of conservation genetics?
- understand genetic changes that affect survival of threaed/endangered species
- use genetic info to successfully manage threaten/endangered species
strategies of conservation genetics?
- preserve genetic diversity (and seek out sustainable environments which foster and maintain biotic diversity)
- preserve evolutionary processes (hybridization, introgression, and speciation)
anthropogenic factors that risk extinction
- land development (habitat fragmentation)
- intro of exotic species
ecological factors of extinction
- environmental fluctuations and catastrophes
- metapopulation dynamics - partially isolated population, loss of pathways of immigration, recoloization of sites
- small population size (population grown, cooperative interaction, edge effects)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview