Amiodarone & Vasopressin
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the generic name for Amiodarone?
What is the brand name for Amiodarone?
What is the class for Amiodarone?
What is the mechanism of action for Amiodarone?
- Multiple effects on sodium, potassium, and calcium channels
- Dilates coronary arteries
- Decreases ventricular automaticity (potasium)
- Slows membrane depolarization and impulse conduction (sodium)
- Negative chronotropic effect (calcium)
- Prolongs action potential, refractory period
What are the indication and field use for Amiodarone?
- Supression of ventricular arrhythmias
- V-Fib, V-Tach w/out pulse
- V-Tach w/ pulse
- Polymorphic V-Tach
- Wide QRS tach of unknown origin
- Rate control in A-Fib/A-Flutter
Dosage for Amiodarone?
IV/IO or Infusion
- VF/VT pulseless
- 300 mg IV push 30-60 seconds, q in 3-5 min with 150mg
- Wide complex Tach, AFib/AFlutter, V-tach w/pulse
- 150mg IV over 10 minutes (mix in 50cc bag)
What are the contraindications for Amiodarone?
- Pulmonary congestion
- Cardiogenic shock
- 2nd or 3rd degree blocks unless functioning pacemaker present
What are the drug interactions for Amiodarone?
- Caution with sodium bicarb, furosemide, and heparine in the same line (flush line)
- Caution with beta blockers and calcium channel blockers due to similar mechanism
Side effects for Amiodarone?
- A/V blocks
Onset of action for Amiodarone?
AZ drug box supply for Amiodarone?
300 mg (150mg/3ml x 2)
What is the generic name for Vasopressin?
What is the brand name for Vasopressin?
What is the class for Vasopressin?
Pituitary hormone (antidiuretic)
What is the mechanism of action for Vasopressin?
Causes vasoconstriction in cerebral, cornary, peripheral, and pulmonary vessels
Indication and field use for Vasopressin?
V-fib, pulseless V-tach (may replace 1st or 2nd dose of Epi only)
Dosage for Vasopressin?
40 units one time only
Contraindications for Vasopressin?
- Repsonsive PT with coronary artery disease
Drug interactions for Vasopressin?
Side effects for Vasopressin?
- Abd distress
- Tissue necrosis if extravasation at IV site
Onset of action for Vasopressin?
AZ drug box supply for Vasopressin?
40 units optional
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview