- However, her sacrifice is greater than she knows,
- Her death (and R's) lead to families ending the feud
- After the learn that life is too short to hold 'ancient grudges'
- And only after the tragic death of thier children can they see that the feud was pointless
- Thus, they shake hands and Montague swears that a golden statue will be erected in her honour,
- So she can be the symbol of true love and devotion to future generations who need the lesson that she taught the two warring families that day.
She will always be remembered as the young, naϊve girl who displayed maturity, emotional depth, bravery and determination until her last moments. Thus, worthy of the title as tragic heroine.