Sensory Physiology 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Information Processing in V1
- 1. Neurons are specialized to respong best to specific aspects of stimuli, such as orientation, movement and size.
- 2. These specializations can be demonstrated physiologically, by recording from neurons
Experiments of Hubel and Wiesel (V1 Physiology)
- - Spots of light stimulate ganglion cells
- - Spots of light do little to stimulate neurons in V1
- -Sliding a slit of light across the visual field caused neurons to discharge
- - They found that V1 neurons respond best to bar-like stimuli with specific orientations
Cortical neurons fire in response to specific features of the stimulus, such as orientation or direction of motion
- Where or how pathway
- Parietal cortex
- Spatial analysis
- Visual control of movement
- What pathway
- Temporal Cortex
- Object and Pattern Identification
What are the parallel processing streams in visual cortex
Dorsal and ventral streams
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview