History - 1st book - section 2 - Chapter 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When did the Iron Age begin?
Name three reasons how we know about the Celts.
- Archaeological evidence from excavations.
- Reports from greek and Roman writers.
- Books written in ireland after 500AD when the Irish learned to write.
Name two Celtic sites where the Celts lived.
- Hallstatt in Austria
- La Tène in Switzerland.
Name an example of a Celtic art.
The Turoe Stone in county Galway.
Give 2 reasons why Greek and Roman writings about Celts might be bias.
- The Greeks regarded all non-greeks as strange and barbarous
- The Romans fought the Celts for many years and eventually defeated them.
What religion were the Celts when they came to Ireland?
What was the story Táin Bó Cuailgne?
It meant The Cattle Raid of Cuailgne and its about an ulster hero Cú Chulainn and his battle against the men of ireland.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview