Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
main points on tapeworm
-two main types: Dipylidium caninum (FLEA)
and taenia pisiformis (RODENT)
-Tapeworm is found in intestines of cats and dogs
-consists of head and long flat segmented body
zoonotic (not common)
cannot cross placenta
Clinical signs of tapeworm
- May show none
- -digestive upset
- -poor appetite and weight loss
- -poor hair coat
- -vague signs of abdominal discomfort
how do you dx tapeworm?
- -May be difficult as eggs are in gravid segments
- -visually around pets anus on stool or in bed
- -segments resemble grains of rice
what is the LIFE CYCLE DIRECT (Dipylidium caninum) Flea
what is the LIFE CYCLE IN-DIRECT (Taenia pisiformis) rabbit/rodent
what are the ROTS for tape worm?
- Indirect-needs host i.e flea rabbit mouse
- squirrel, rat ect.
what are the treatment and control of tapeworm?
- Oral de wormers- Droncit, drontal, drontal plus,
- lopatol panacur, flea treatment for animal and enviroment
- -oral de wormers for cats milbemax, cestex, profender
what parasite does this egg belong too?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview