Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
main facts on lice?
- Small winged insects like fleas
- -two types; biting (mallophagia)
- -sucking (anoplura) host specific
- -biting lice feed of dead skin, body secretions and hair
- -sucking lice penetrate skin and feed off blood
- -sucking lice can cause anemia
- -cats are affected by biting lice
- -dogs and humans affected by biting
what are the clinical signs of lice?
- self trauma
how do you dx lice?
- Microscopic examination of the hair sample for nits
- or adult on skin or host
- -top 3
what is the life cycle of lice?
what are the roots of transmission for lice?
direct contact with infected animal or contaminated bushes or combs
what is the treatment and control of lice?
- -fur clipping
- -topical insecticides
- -advantage and advantage
- multi (both off lable)
what egg does this parasite belong too?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview