Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
main facts on ringworm
- Fungus affecting skin of cats and dogs humans and
- other mammals
- -highly contagious
- -two species. Microsporum species- more common in
- small animals
- -Trichophyton species more common in large animals
- but both infective to many species
what are the clinical signs for ringworm?
- alopecia around eyes and nose and ears
- can become generalized with weeping crusty lesions
how do you dx ringworm?
- Top 3
- wood lamps for signs of fluoresce microsporum
- -fungassay test kit requires 10-14 days for
what are the roots of transmission for ringworm?
Direct contact with fomites or infected animal
what is the treatment and control of ringworm?
- Treatment will start before
- results come back in a suspected case
- -oral and topical treatments
- -protective clothing must be
- -thorough cleaning of areas
- -topical medication i.e
- conofite cream
- oral medications i.e program
main points on yeast?
- -part of normal floura
- -yeast lager than bacteria
- may infect intestinal tract, genital tract, skin,
- ears and become systemic.
- Shaped like a Y
what are the clinical signs of yeast?
- self trauma
- red lesions moist and skin is eroded
how do you dx yeast|?
- top 3
- looking at ear swab under microscope
- red lesions on skin
- skin is moise and eroded
what are the roots of transmission for yeast?
- Imbalance of bacteria to yeast, after bacteria is
- killed out yeast may over grow causing a infection.
what is the treatment and control of yeast?
- Ear medications containing anti inflam anti bacterial
- anti fungal and anti yeast agents such as surolan and otomax.
what fungus is this?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview