Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What do therapy lasers promote?
- increased circulation
- increased metaboilic activity
- muscle relaxation
- accelerated cell reproduction and growth
- immune stimulation
- stimulation of nerve regeneration
- improved vascular activity
- enhanced ATP production
What are the two different types of wavelengths the laser produces?
What does the 970nm wavelength do?
absorbing water wavelength which creates thermal energy/gradient which then increases circulation
More bloodflow + more hemoglobin reduction = _____ oxygen available to cells
What does the 800nm wavelength do?
cytochrome oxidase stimulates this enzyme and we get more ATP which increases the cellular metabolism
Higher cellular metabolism = _____ pain relief = _____ healing
What are the positive effects of the therapy laser on the body?
- improves and promotes healing
- relieves pain and reduces spasm
- increases joint flexibility
- reduces symptoms of osteoarthritis
- improves peripheral microcirculation
- detoxifies and eliminates trigger points
What are the benefits of therapy laser on the animal?
- faster patient comfort
- deep penetration
- delivers more laser energy to the target tissues
- shorter treatment times
- effective treatment in 3 - 8 minutes
- shorter patient recovery time
What are some indications for using the therapy laser on the neck and head?
- rodent ulcers
- feline acne
- hematomas - post surgical
- cervical IVDD
- infectious tracheobronchitis
What are some indications for using the therapy laser on the thoracic limb?
- bicipital bursitis
- bicipital tendonitis
- infra-supraspinatus tendonitis
- acral lick granulomas
- EGC (eosinophilic granuloma complex)
- snake bites
- bug bites
What are some indications for using the therapy laser on the thorax/abdomen?
- post surgery
- feline asthma
- hot spots
- inflammatory bowel disease
- dog/cat bites
What are some indications for using the therapy laser on the pelvic limb?
- hip dysplasia
- calcaneon tendon tear/trauma
- lick granulomas
What are some indications for using the therapy laser on the perinuem/tail?
- anal saculitis
- tail fractures
What are the main contraindications for using the therapy laser?
don't use it on eyes, during pregnany, on the thyroid, reproductive glands, or malignancy tumors
What are the different waves the laser changes through during a session?
- continuous wave
- intense super pulsed
What do we need to wear for our safety when working with the therapy laser?
eye protection provided by the therapy laser company
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview