Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Foodservice Distribution: Percenatge of all foodservice sales?
- 1. Broadliner- 52% (Sysco, US Foodservice, Cheney Bros., Performance Food Group)
- -Sales to national chains 13.5%
- -Sales to regional chains 15.5%
- 2. Systems distributor- 32%
- 3. Specialist- 32%
- 4. Full Menu restaurants accounted for 25.5% total foodservice distributor sales in 2005
Foodservice distribution operators must increasingly provide ________ products and service, even in cases of strong ________.
High quality, price competition
The use of ________ is now a must to enhance customer service and to cut costs.
Top Restaurant Industry Issues
- 1. Minimum wage increase
- 2. Availability of labor
- 3. Increasing food costs
- 4. Governmental regulations
- 5. Availabilty of financing
Restaurants: Cornerstone of Career Opportunites
Top 10 Facts???
1. $1.7 trillion: Overall economic impact of restaurant industry
2. $1.3 million: # of positions the restaurant industry will add in the next decade.
3. 34 jobs are generated for every additional million dollars in restaurant sales.
4. $1.7 billion: Restaurant industry sales on a typical day in 2011.
5. 80% of restaurant owners started their industry careers at entry level positions.
6. 46% of restaurant employees say they would like to own their own restaurant some day.
7. 88% of adults say they enjoy going to restaurants.
8. 71% of adults say they try to eat healthier now at restaurants than they did 2 years ago.
9. 47% of adults say they would patronize food trucks.
10. 69% of adults say they are more likely to visit a restaurant that offers food grown in an organic or environmentally friendly way.
Top 5 Reasons why people try full-service restaurants:
- 1. Recommendations-Family member 83%
- 2. Recommendation-Friend 82%
- 3. Restaurant Review 42%
- 4. Restaurant guide 34%
- 5. TV ad
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview