Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- a myotic inhibitor, ((antiplastic)) which means that it interferes with cell division
- used for Hodgkin's disease, Wilm's tumor, acute leukemia, lymphosarcoma, neuroblastoma, may produce nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever,
- weight loss ataxia, headache, and mouth ulcers.
- Antibiotic -- ((antplastic)) used to delay or prevent cell division of
- malignant cells.
- Used for testicular or uterine carcinoma, Wilm's tumor, and ewig's sarcoma; may produce anorexia, nausea, vomiting, alopecia, and bone marrow depression.
- Antimetabolic - ((antiplastic)) disrupts normal cell function by blocking varoius metabolic functions.
- Used in breast cancer, lmphosarcoma, and savier psoriasis; may cause nausea, vomiting, headache, rash, pruritis, stomatitis, bone marrow depression, leukopenia, and renal failure.
dihydroergotaimine (DHE 45)
- alpha-adrenergic blocking agent with pharmacologic and toxic properties similar to ergotamine used to treat migraine headaches.
- The drug causes cerebral vasculature to constrict, but it does not have an oxytocic effect and can be used during pregnancy.
- Hydantoin ((Anticonvulsant))
- Hydantons act on the cerebral cortex to stop seajures by screwing with the consentration of sodiuions in the cortex during the generation of impulses.
- PO: Management of generalized tonic-clonic seizures (grand mal), complex partial seizures, status epilepticus. Prevention of seizures following head trauma/neurosurgery. IV: Management of status epilepticus, prevention and tx of seizures occurring during neurosurgery. Off-Label: Simple partial seizures, ventricular arrhythmias, epidermolysis bullosa
- Barbitol - ((anticonvolesant)) CNS depresants act on the brainstem reticular formation, reducing nerve impulses that go to the cerebral cortex.
- used for All forms of epilepsy, status epilepticus, sever recurrent seizures
Antidopaminergics antihistamines ((antiemetic//antivertigo)) Used to treat vomiting.