The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the key factors that influence services?
- Customer demand
What are the definitions of services?
- a) Acts, deeds, performances
- b) economic activities whose output is not a physical part
- c) An integral part of many manufactured goods
What are the unique characteristics of services
- iii. Simultaneously produced and consumed
- i. Service provider changes
- ii. Service delivery changes
- iii. Service environment changes
- iv. Provider and consumer participate simultaneously
c. Operational Excellence
- i. Purchasing a ticket à completing a flight
d. Encounter Based
e. Non-conditional Guarantees
g. (Xcellent) Excellent People
What is the evolution of service economies?
- Consumer goods
What is the service marketing mix?
- Physical Evidence
What are the five dimensions of service quality?
- Relatibility - Ability to perform
- Responsiveness - being willing to help
- Assurance - Inspiring trust
- Empathy - Treating customers as individuals
- Tangibles - representing the service physically
What are some service failures?
- Over promise =knowledge gap
- Lack of communication
- Failed to enable promise
What are mechnisims of control?
- Formal (NDA, Contract)
- Informal (Trust, handshake)
What are marketing metric inputs?
What are marketing metic outputs?
- Employee satisfaction
- Customer satisfaction
What are eMetrics?
- Click throughs
What is advertising?
- Postion the product
- Provide ideas for usage
- Inform customer where to buy
- create brand awareness
- Develop retalier interests
- Reinforce customer purchase decision
What are reasons to advertize?
- product has hidden qualities
- emotional appeals can be used
- mass media can convey message
- sales volume support the cost
- brand loyalty is at stake
What are promotions?
- sweepstakes, lottery
- buy one, get one free
What is the role of promotions?
- reinforce ad message at point of sale
- trigger impulse buying
- generate consumer excitement
- stimulate switching
What is the primary objective of promotions?
What are the steps to build an ad campaign?
- Motives - target audience
- Messages - tell them what they like to hear
- Media - selection, scheduling
- Money - Budget
- Measurement - Evaluation other campaign
What is the framework of messaging?
What are the international impact factors?
What is customer lifetime value?
A prediction of the net profit attributed to the entire future relationship with the customer.
How do you manage demand imbalance?
- Non reach pricing
- Develop complementary services
- Inform/communication with customers
How do you manage Supply imbalance?
- Part time employees
- impose efficiency
- customer participation
- Share/lease capacity