The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The health of women of child-bearing age from pre-pregnancy through pregnancy, labor, and delivery, and post-partum period
What is the age range for Infant Health?
From birth to 1 year
What is the age range for Child Health?
From ages 1 - 14
What is the age range for Adolsecent Heatlh?
From 14 - various ages
What are some risk factors for higher rates of morbility and mortality in pregnancies?
- 1. Low Access to health care
- 2. Low Education/income
- 3. Low Immuntiy
- 4. Low Organic Foods/ Nutrition
- 5. Unintended Pregnancies
- 6. Maternal Drug use
- 7. Prenatal insufficiencies
Low Birth Rate
Less than 5.8 lbs
What is considered a premature birth
Less than 37 weeks
What are the two terms for infant mortlaity rates? And what is the leading cause
1. Neo-natal mortality: First 28 days (4 weeks)
2. Post-neo-natal mortality: 29 days to 365 days
Leading cause: SIDS
What are the leading cause of death for childhood morbidity?
- 1. Accidents
- 2. Cancer
- 3. Birth defects
The proces of determining preferred number and spacing of children in one's family and choosing the appropriate means to achieve this preferance
What are the 4 Major components of "Pre-natal Heathcare"?
- 1. Treatment
- 2. Education/Knowledge
- 3. Risk Assesment
- 4. Risk Reduction
Name 4 factors that contribute to "low birth weight"?
- 1. Multiple Births
- 2. Alcohol use during pregnancy
- 3. Low maternal weight during pregnancy
- 4. Term/length of pregnancy