The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- a main division of a drama
- shakespeare plays consist of 5 acts
a referance to a literary or historical event or person to explain present situtaion
a humerous scene or speech in a serious drama which is meant to provide relief from emotional intensity
a humorous scene or speech in a serious drama which is meant ot provide relief from emotional intensity
when the audience knows something that the characters do not
- a figure of speech that implies or states a comparison without like or as
- "It is the east, and Juliet is the sun"
- a combination to ttwo contradictory words for the sake of emphasis
- JUMBO SHRIMP
a small unit of an act in a play in which there is no shift of locale or time
a speech given by a character alone on the stage to let the audience know what the character is thinking and feeling
a type of drama of human conflict which ends in defeat and suffering