Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What can you do to help communication with geriatric pt's
- Turn on the light
- Turn of radio and tv
- Use a normal tone of voice
- A pt that takes multiple medications that interact.Includes OTC, herbs, weight loss supplements.
In the thoracic and lumbar spine contribute to a high rate of injury in Geriatrics
Pts with incomplete spinal cord injurie, with increased pain and neurologic status, how do we secure the head?
Secure the head in the position in which it was found by using blankets and tape
How to splint a hip
- 1. Assess PMSC
- 2. Place pt on a scoop stretcher or long backboard
- 3. Place blanket rolls between the pt's legs
- 4. Place blankets and pillows under the injured extremity
- 5. secure both legs and the padding to the backboard with at least 4 cravats or straps
- 6. Reassess PMSC
Syncope on older folks is usually caused by?
MI or Diabetic shock
Septicemia signs and symptoms
- Chest pain
- Generlized Pain
Leading cause of trauma and death in geriatric pt's?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview