Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
- 1. Ensure effective sanitation and hygiene
- 2. Produce safe product
- 3. Provide proof that safety practice have been followed
HACCP 7 Principles?
- M- Monitor procedures
- A- Analyze
- I- Identify
- L- Critical Limits
- V- Verify procedures
- C- Corrective actions
- D- Document HACCP System
HACCP Principles (M)?
- Establish procedures to monitor critical control points
- determine how and by whom monitor the cooking time & temperature
HACCP Principles (A)?
- Analyze hazards
- Potential hazards associated with food
- Measures to control hazards identified
- biological → microbe
- chemical → toxin
- physical → ground glass
HACCP Principles (I)?
- Identify critical control points
- Points in food's production
- From raw state through processing, shipping to consumption by consumer
- At which hazard can be controlled or eliminated
- cooking, cooling, packaging, metal detection
HACCP Principles (L)?
- Establish preventive measures with critical limits for each control point
- cooked food:
- minimum cooking temperature
- cooking time required
- → ensure elimination of harmful microbes
HACCP Principles (V)?
- Establish procedures
- to verify the system is working properly
- testing time and temperature recording device to verify the cooking unit is working properly
HACCP Principles (C)?
- Establish corrective actions
- to be taken when monitoring shows a critical limit has not been met
- reprocessing or disposing if minimum temperature not met
HACCP Principles (D)?
- Establish effective record-keeping to document the HACCP system
- each principle must backed by sound scientific knowledge
- Published microbiological studies on time and temperature factors for controlling foodbrone pathogens
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview