The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are some risk factors for non-accidental trauma (NAT)?
- • Prematurity
- • Prenatal drug exposure
- • Developmental disability
- • Chronic illness
- • Multiple birth
- • Unplanned child
- • Not biologically related
What are some family/social risk factors for NAT?
- Maltreatment as a child
- Single parent
- Social isolation/lack of support network
- Rigid or unrealistic expectations
- • Domestic violence
- • Poverty
- • Unemployment
- • Homelessness
What are some SnSs of physical abuse?
What are some SnSs of sexual abuse?
What are some SnSs of emotional abuse?
What are some SnSs of neglect?
What three areas need immediate Xray in childhood traumas?
chest, cervical vertibrae, Pelvis
Order of servey in pediatric trauma
- Resuscitate (ABCs)
- 2ndary: complete head to toe inventory of all other injuries.
What does AVPU stand for?
- responsive to Voice
- responsive to Pain
What are some factors affecting outcomes of childhood traumas?
- The quality and speed of the initial care!!! Level 1 trauma center?
- Hypovolemia (perfusion)
- Cerebral Edema
- Pain control, family presence, rehab and post-trauma counseling