Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is fertilization?
The process in which male and female gametes are fused.
Where does fertilization occur?
In the ampullary region of the uterine tube.
What are thge phases of Fertilization?
- Phase I: penetration of the corna radiata
- Phase II: penetration of the zona pellicida
- Phase III: fusion of the oocyte and sperm cell membrane
What are the results of fertilization?
- 1) restoration of diploid number of chromosomes
- 2) determination of sex
- 3) initiation of cleavage
When does the ooctye finish meiosis II?
What is cleavage?
What are blastomeres?
The cells cleave into smaller parts
When does the embyro divide to form a morula?
3 days after fertilization
The cells of the inner cell mass
outer cell mass
What is the function of Zona Pellucida
- -species-specific sperm penetration
- -prevents immature plantation
What is hatching?
enzymatic production by trophoblasts to digest the zona pellucida
cleavage to inner cell mass to epiblast and hpyoblast. From hypoblast to extraembryonic endoderm to yolk sac
cleavage to trophoblast to cytotrophoblast to syncytrophoblasts
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview