Embryology sec 5 placentation and sec 6 gastrulation
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What structures contribute to form the placenta?
- Decidua basalis (maternal portion)
- Chorion (fetal portion)
What hormone is secreated by chorion villi?
What are the main functions of the placenta?
- Separate maternal blood from fetal blood
- gaseous exchange
- exchange metabolites
What type of blood is carried in the umbilical cord?
- 2 arteries carry de-oxygenated blood from fetus
- 1 vein carries oxygen and nutrient rich blood to fetus
What is the common origin of three germ layers?
What is the origin of neural tissue?
Which part of the vertebral column is the reminent of notocord?
What are the three layers of the trilaminar disc?
- Ectoderm (epi)
- Endoderm (hypoblast replaced by epiblast cells)
- Mesoderm (froms between the two
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview