The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Causes of Dilated Cardiomyopathy (8)
- Alcohol use
- Coxsackie virus B
- Cocain use
What are classic S/S of asthma? (5)
- Nonproductive cough
- Atopy (tendency to hyperallergic - ezcema, allergic rhinitis, allergic conjuncitivitis, allergic asthma)
- Decreased peak expiratory flow rate
What drug is given ante-natal to decrease NRDS?
- Corticosteroids given >48hrs and <7 days prior to birth
- Functions to accelerate maturation of fetal lung parenchymal architecture and production of phospholipids and surfactant
What is SIADH and what type of lung cancer is it associated with?
- Inappropriate ADH secretion - non-osmotically stimulated release of ADH --> euvolemic hyponatremia
- Associated with small lung cell cancer as a paraneoplastic syndrome
What test is MOST useful in distinguishing between a cardiac versus pulmonary cause of dyspnea?
- NOTE: HTN, advanced age of onset, and subacute onset make HEART failure more likely