Skeletal Muscle Bioenergetics I
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are key metabolic features of skeletal muscle? (4)
- 1. Metabolic plasticity
- 2. Mitochondrial enrichment
- 3. Major site of insulin-responsive glucose uptake/metabolism (GLUT 4)
- 4. Muscle-specific isoforms of several metabolic enzymes.
What can be described as a dynamic structure with extraordinary adaptive potential (metabolic and contractile properties)?
What are the phenotypic profiles of muscles affected by? (5)
- 1. Innervation/neuromuscular activity
- 2. Exercise training
- 3. Mechanical loading/unloading
- 4. Hormones
- 5. Aging
How many molecules of ADP are reused to resnthesize ATP? What is the byproduct? What, then, is activated?
2 ADP --> ATP + AMP
AMP activates AMPK.
What is harmful about the buildup of lactate under anaerobic settings?
Buildup of lactate can lower blood pH leading to serious consequences.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview