Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How do the bones of the cranial base increase in mass?
Ossification and proliferation of cartilage in the synchondroses
When does interstitial growth not occur
- When the bones are calcified
- No space will be created within the arch for incoming teeth
Which teeth have complete crown enamel at 4-5 years?
Central and lateral mandibular and maxillary incisors
When do the first molars have a completely formed crown?
Which teeth have complete crown enamel at 6-7 years?
Canines and second premolars
Which teeth have complete enamel crown formation at 7-8 years?
When do maxillary and mandibular central incisors erupt?
- Maxillary 7-8 years
- Mandibular 6-7 years
When do mandibular and maxillary laterals erupt?
- Mandibular 7-8 years
- Maxillary 8-9 years
When do permanent first molars erupt?
Between 5.5 and 7 years for maxillary and mandibular
When do maxillary and mandibular canines erupt?
- Mandibular: 9-11 years (much earlier)
- Maxillary: 11-12 years (much later)
When do maxillary and mandibular first premolars erupt?
- Maxillary: 10-11 years
- mandibular 10-12 years
When do maxillary and mandibular second premolars erupt?
- maxillary: 10-12 years
- mandibular: 11-13 years
When do maxillary and mandibular second molars erupt?
- maxillary 12-14 years
- Mandibular 12-13 years
When do third molars erupt
What is early mesial shift? This increases what risk?
- Closing of interproximal primary spaces on eruption of 1st molars
- This increases risk of interproximal caries
What are interna land external solutions?
- External- children need help to figure out responses to stimuli
- Internal- children develop their own responses to stimuli
When is a child no longer considered preoperational? What are the characteristics?
- Until age 4
- Generalized and centered thoughts
- Lots of mental imagery
When is a child considered intuitive? What are the characteristics?
- Age 4-8
- Can group objects according to class
When can a child start using fluoridated toothpaste?
Until age 3, when they can spit it out
When do children have all of their speech sounds developed?
By age 4
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview