After distinction of n. and Italian Renaissance, Artists from north did what?
- i. Artists from north began studying in Italy and were influenced
- 1. Albrecht Durer from Nuremberg
- a. Two trips to Italy; absorbed most of what Italians could teach
- i. Mastered laws of perspective and Renaissance theories of proportion
- b. Wrote detailed treatises on both subjects
- c. Adoration of the magi
- i. Used minute details characteristic of northern artists, but itegrated Italian artists to get ideal beauty by careful examining human form