Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 3 components of growth?
What are the 3 planes of growth?
What are the factors of growth?
- Tooth Mass
What are the three variables of growth?
What are the 4 categories that we need to consider with occlusal and cephalometric analysis?
- 1. maxilla Vs. mandible
- 2. Skeletal Vs. Dental
- 3. Overgrowth Vs. Undergrowth
- 4. Vertical vs. Horizontal (AP) vs. Transverse
What is a maxillary transverse deficiency?
- When teeth do not sit outside of the teeth in the mandibular arch
- Caused by a descrepancy in growth
What do we use to correct a maxillary transverse deficiency?
Spacers/expanders to spread the posterior teeth out
What are the features we look to attain when correcting a maxillary AP deficiency?
- Max/mandible in good position
- Class I skeletal relationship
- Mesofacial pattern
- Ideal incisor angulation
How long do we have spacing throughout the dentition?
- Until 4 years of age
- Second molars drift mesially
What is early mesial shift?
Closing of the interproximal space of primary dentition on eruption of first permanent molars
What are the 3 anterior-posterior molar relationships?
What is the incisor eruption path?
- From lingual to labial
- Increased permanent incisor angulation
What are some problems that we encounter with erupting incisor alignment?
- Poor predictive relationsihp between sizes of primary and permanent teeth
- mandibular and maxillary loss of primate spcae
- Mandible: transitional crowdingMaxilla: diastema
What are the differences in mandibular permanent and primary incisors and intercanine distance?
- Permanent 6mm larger than primary
- Intercanine distance increases by 2-3mm
- Primate space may close- Canines relocate distolabially
What are the differnces in maxillary permanent incisors and primary? Intercanine distance?
- Maxillary permanent 7.6mm larger than primary
- Primate spaces may close
- Intercanine distance increases 4mm
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview