Data Base Final Exam
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What will CONVERT(VARCHAR(8),GETDATE(),112) give you?
What are te different kinds of triggers?
What does the UPDATE(..) function do?
Check to see if the trigger updates a single column.
What does the COLUMNS_UPDATED() function do?
What does SUSER_SNAME() do?
Check to see who changed the database.
How do you get the current date?
How do you use the SUBSTRING method and what and
does it do?
- SUBSTRING(COLUMNS_UPDATED(), 1, 1)
- It will determine the current value .
What does a full backup do?
- copies all pages in the database that are in allocated
What is a differential backup?
copies all pages which have been modified since the last full backup.
What is a transaction log backup?
- copies the contents of the transaction log since the
- last transaction log backup.
What is the best strategy to insure adequate
protection in a production environment?
A transaction log backup with a full backup
all or nothing rule
- generates a single XML element for each row in the result set returned by the query.
for xml auto
- Returns query results in a simple, nested XML tree.
- uses select statement.
use a trusted connection
where serverinfo is the string that you place in the “Server Name” textbox when signing into mgmt studio
- where query is the actual query you want to enter. Make sure you fully qualify the database object in question, for instance:
- –Q”SELECT * FROM banking.dbo.Custs”
- where outputpath is the full path and name of the file, for instance
"/" in xml
The slash is the xpath command for starting at the root.
is an xpath command that says start at the root node and find every occurence of “row”
XML is a good choice if you want a platform-independent model in order to ensure portability of the data by using structural and semantic markup.
What does BIDS stand for?
Business Intelligence Development Studio
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview