Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The are the 4 categories of the misbehaving child?
- 1. Emotionally compromised child
- 2. Shy, introverted child
- 3. Frightened child
- 4. Child averse to authority
What are the three management strategies for a specialist to treat a child?
- 1. Conscious sedation
- 2. IV (deep) sedation
- 3. General anesthesia
What are some generalities about lower socioeconomic status?
- 1. More favorable about General anesthesia
- 2. Half the restorations of higher socioeconomic statuses
- 3. Worse Oral Hygiene
Appropriate parental personality
- Transfers authority to dentist
- Facilitates communication between child and dentist
Compensatory parental personality
- Many questions
- Need for approval
- Desire to 'do the right thing'
Overprotective parental personality
- High risk child
- Parent a product of little love
- Parent depends on childs dependency
Manipulative parental personality
- Attempts to direct course of treatment
Hostile parental personality
- Noncompliant (poor past experiences)
- Seldom converse
- Question needs for treatment
Neglectful parental personality
- Chaotic lifestyle
- Unappreciative of good dental care
Overindulgent parental personality
- Overlapping of compensatory and overprotective
- Overly concerned about damaging child's self esteem
Typology of parenting styles
- High demandingness, low responsiveness
- expect orders to be obeyed without explanation
- High demandingness, high responsiveness
- Clear standards for children's conduct
- Low demandingness, low responsiveness
- May be rejecting and neglectful
- Low demandingness, high responsiveness
- Nontraditional and lenient
- Don't require mature behavior, democratic
Which parental type has children perform poorly in all domains?
What predicts a child's social competence and psychosocial functioning?
What is associated with instrumental competence and behavioral control?
What is the parent preference for management?
Tell show do> Positive reinforcement>voice control>mouth prop
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview