Lt. Study Material
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What foam nozzle does DFD use?
Natural Gas Acceptable Range
Below 10% LEL
What % of foam do we use on polar solvents?
6% covering 400 square feet. 1/2 - 1" deep.
What is the decomissioned hose life span?
15 years or more.
What are the three hose testing procedures?
1. No max. length.
2. Pump for 5 minutes.
3. Inspect for leaks 15' to the side.
Heat Index 105-130 degrees
Heat cramps and heat exhaustion likely. Heat stroke possible with prolonged exposure and activity.
Pump Pressure for Foam
What kind of extinguisher/extinguishing agent can be used on alcohol, ethanol, MTBE?
AFFF / ATC, CO2, Dry Chem.
What are the two ways to ventilate natural gas?
What are the steps taken to disconnect someones utilities?
1. Notify Dispatch
2. Have property rep sign FD 134.
3. If rep is not available, affix FD 134 to an odvious position on building.
What are the explosive limits of Natural Gas?
5 - 15%
What are the size of XCEL lines that can not be plugged?
6" or 10"
Heat stress index below 60 degrees
Little or no danger under normal conditions.
Standard for hose testing.
What is the predominant type of pipe used by XCEL for natural gas?
Orange plastic pipe.
What are the six events requiring a PAR?
- 1. Mayday or missing FF.
- 2. Major change in fire conditions. Flashover, backdraft, collapse, etc.
- 3. Change of mode or strategy.
- 4. Change of tactical channel.
- 5. Time interval designated by IC.
- 6. Prior to release of RIT team.
Length of attack line using Foam Eductor?
Up to 300' from eductor.
Foam Eductor GPM?
95 GPM. Must match nozzle GPM.
Language Interpreter Phone Number
2 bottle rule. Must rehab after 2 bottles. Or 45 minute rule. Must rest for 10 minutes. This may have changed since going to 45 minute bottles.
Where is the eductor mounted?
Directly to pump panel.
Or extended as needed with 2 1/2".
What are the snow plans in place for the city?
- 1. Utilize street cleaning equipment.
- 2. DFD plan. Mobilize our resources.
What is the acceptable CO level in a commercial occupancy?
Less than 35 PPM.
What are the characteristics of MTBE?
- -30 degree flash point
- Lighter than H2O
- Heavier than air
What are the characteristics of Ethanol?
- Flash Point 58-60 degrees
- Heavier than air
What is the foam temperature range?
25-120 degrees f.
Language Interpreter Personal ID Code?
What is the hose test pressure for 1 3/4 to 3" hose?
Heat Stress Index 90-105 degrees
- EXTREME CAUTIONHeat cramps, heat exhaustion possible with prolonged physical activity and exposure.
What are the 4 types of foam application?
- Rain Down
- Bounce off
- Roll On
What is the hose test pressure for 5"?
What is the hose test pressure for soft suction 5" -6" Short Sections?
Heat Stress Index 80-90 degrees
- CAUTIONFatigue is possible if exposure too long when there is physical activity.
What climatic conditions would call for Rehab sector?
- Above 90 degrees
- Below 10 degrees
What activates DFD snow plan response?
- 1. 4" of accumulated snow and forecast for more.
- 2. Snow falling 1" per hour.
- 3. National Weather Service advises a blizzard.
- 4. Heavy snow causes response problem.
- 5. Heavy snow causes hold order.
- 6. District chief recommends to Chief 1.
Heat Index above 130 degrees
- EXTREME DANGERHeat Stroke Imminent
Interpreters Client ID #
Who is notified when snow emergency is put into effect?
- 1. Chief 1
- 2. Division Chiefs
- 3. OEM Director
Single Jacket Hose. What is it used for?
Sump Pumps Only. 1 3/4"
What are the characteristics of alcohol?
- Clear to dark.
- FP less than 100 degrees f.
- Lighter than water.
- Generally Soluble.
- Thicker/Heavier than air.
What are the steps for receiving NLOD call?
- 1. Recieve call by 06:45.
- 2. Notify HRB by 09:30.
- 3. Notify Chief right away
What are the 5 C's of explosives?
- 1. Confirm device from a safe distance?
- 2. Clear area
- 3. Cordon off location.
- 4. Control entry and exit points.
- 5. Check immediate area for secondary devices.
What is the current group response?
- 2 Engines
- 2 Trucks
- 2 Chiefs
- 1 RESCUE
- 1 HAMER
- 1 RIT (Truck)
What % of foam do we use on oxygenated fuels?
- 3% covering 800 sq. feet. 1/2 - 1" deep.
- up to 30% additive for hydrocarbons.
What is the acceptable CO level in a private residence?
Less than 9 PPM.
What is FD 134?
Interruption of gas or electric service.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview