Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When does the growth spurt occur?
- Occurs 2 years earlier in females than males
- The end correlates with menarche
Which gender hits puberty first? When? Which is longer?
- Girls peak first at 12-13Boys peak second around 14-15Boys continue longer
What happens to the face around age 12?
- Apposition at the maxillary suture
- increases in transverse dimension
- Pneumatization of frontal sinuses
- Alveolar ridges increase in vertical dimension
Is Vertical maxillary growth more in males or females? mandibular growth?
- Females in vertical maxillary growth
- Males in mandibular growth
What happens to the mandible with increase vertical maxillary growth?
The mandible autorotates donward and backward
What happens to sutures during adolescence? Adulthood?
- Interdigitation of the sutures begins to occur during adolescence
- During adulthood the sutures will be completely fused
What happens to the facial profile as mandibular growth increases?
The profile decreases in convexity
Neural, maxillary, and mandibular curves at different ages
Primary molar relationships and results of mandibular growth
Why is caries risk incrases with permanent teeth?
- More permanent teeth than primary
- Increased interproximal contacts, less spacing
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview