The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Church offers coffee and donuts to people waiting for services. How do you work with them to encourage this change? What theoretical approaches influence your strategy?
- Organizational Theory / Stage Theory - social influence change norms
- Gauge interest, find gatekeeper / champion
- Findout issues (likes, costs, etc.)
- Other church group, trial period
- Donate time/goods
- Framing message (+)
- Buy-in for overall message, long-term sustainable
Exercise physiologist wants to introduce Tai Chi class into local assisted living facilities.
- Dissemination theory; self-efficacy (SCT)Diffusion of Innovation - competitive advantage
- Early adopter model - opinion leaders, best practices
- Supplement existing programs
- Norms (address)
- Adapt facilities
- Trial ability
- Involve high level director
Members of a local community organization want to work toward getting improvements to the sidealks in the city so people can walk around town more safely.
- Community Coalition Action Theory
- Public Policy
- Coalition; collaborative communication
- Formative research - who has to be involved, wants to be involved
- Communication, traffic, property rights
- Members, steps, organized, goals, needs assessment, feasibility, motivation, long-term plan
- Act as and expert and advise