Econ FINAL part 5b
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Mexican revolution made Mexico more progressive than rest of Latin America. Why?
- land redistribution helped equality
- more social spending on things such as education
- more political stability
- low military spending
When did NAFTA start?
January 1, 1994
- investors pulled $ out of Mexico and other Latin American countries
- lots of panic
- "hot money"
Politial party that led Mexico for 70 years
What party took over after PRI?
Problems during President Fox's administration
- not able to pass major reforms
- suffered due to US recession
- hard time competing with Chinese cheap wages/labor
Mexico's long term strengths
- strong mexican companies
- attractive location for DFI
- human development acheivement
- more democtacy
Mexico's long term weaknesses
- too dependent on foreign financing
- too dependent on foreign companies and imported products
- oil dependence
- income inequality
- violence and drug trade
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview