Card Set Information
SAIT CLT2 INST390
Review of potentiometry section
1. What is Brian's Equation for cell potentials?
E cell = E cathode - E anode
Standard Hydrogen Electrode
Saturated Calomel Electrode
5. Calomel (formula)
6. SCE electrodes aren't good above __ oC
7. Which responds faster, and SCE or Ag/AgCl electrode?
8. Electrode of the first kind
A single reaction, the electrode measures its own metal
9. Electrodes of the Second Kind
Electrode forms a precipitate with an anion a and therefore responds to the anion's concentration.
: Ag/AgCl electrode (Ag senses [Cl])
10. Can inert redox electrodes measure the absolute concentration of an analyte?
No, they just give you the ratio (good for titrations)
Atoms arranged in a repeating 3-D structure
Oxidation Reduction Potential
(a pH meter mode that gives you mV readings)
13. What part of the pH calibration equation changes with temperature?
The slope (it's only -0.0592 at 25 oC)
14. What kind of crystal is a fluoride ISE?
A single crystal
LaF3 doped with Eu2+
(give two examples)
Total Ion Strength Adjustment Buffer
16. Give an example of a mixed crystal electrode