LECTURE 15- HEMISPHERES
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
each hemisphere's function, compliments the other
- specialized in language
- secondary auditory cortex and sensory-motor cortex both larger in the left hemisphere than right
A region of the brain concerned with the production of speech, located in the cortex of the dominant frontal lobe.
Damage to Right Parietal Lobe (Case G.H.)
Difficulties copying drawings, assembling puzzles, and navigating around familiar places
Damage to the Left Parietal Lobe (Case M.M.)
Difficulties with language, copying movements, reading, arithmetic, and generating names of objects or animals
- procedure that plays different auditory input in each ear
- Right-ear advantage for verbal information
- Left-ear advantage for musical information
- Right-visual-field advantage for language-related information
- Left-visual-field advantage for nonverbal, spatial information
Why is the left hemisphere specialized for language?
control of fine movements and fine movements are necessary for the production of language
Why is the right hemisphere specialized for spatial abilities?
control of actual movements in space and in mental imagery of such movements (elaboration of the functions of the dorsal stream).
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview