soc 240 final questions
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
It is impossible to explain gender without first understanding because it is this that produces gender
differences in the first place.
What Primary agents
of gender socialization did early sociology neglect to consider
- A) Family,
- school, and church
Sets of behaviors that are expected of a person
who occupies a status are called
A Social identity that is recognized by as meaningful by a society is called
is the single best predictor of violent crime?
Whom does marriage
benefit most according to studies?
why children of homosexual parents are more likely to consider homosexual
relationships although no more likely to identify themselves as gay “then are
children of heterosexual parents”
- of taboo and more open minded
concept is defined as an organized collection of individuals and institutions
bounded by space and a coherent territory, subject to the same political
authority and organized through shared set of cultural expectation and values?
1. What is different about a group
from a crowd?
1. Who coined the term “looking glass
1. What are the three elements of
definition of gender from sociological perspectives?
- A) Identity,
- interaction, and institution.
What do data suggest
about men and house work?
- A) Black
- men do significantly more than white men
What is the “problem” of daycare
- A) There
- is not enough of it and it isn’t affordable
How have rates of
marital dissolutions in the United States changed in the last century?
- A) They
- are nearly the same mortality (death) rates accomplished then what divorce does
15. What best describes a role performance?
- A) The
- particular emphasis or interpretation we give a role.
What is a gendered society?
- A) It
- is a reference to the organization of society that has evolved in ways to
- reproduce. Both the difference between women and men and the domination of men
- over women
1. What is particular about girls in
Freud’s account of the childhood sexual development?
are behaviors that
are oriented towards other people.
1. What is the first step for sociological
1. How does divorce affect children?
- A) It
- impairs them psychologically for many years.
What does nature
Who is the founder of psychoanalysis
1. How does joint custody affect
- A) It
- is beneficial official to them.
1. When a research collects data she
or he must insure the data is which two things?
1. Did divorce reform help or harm
women and why?
- A) It
- helped women because it undermined men’s control over women and reduced gender
- inequality in the family.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview