Chemistry Chapter 6
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- A positively or negatively charged group of atoms
- i.e.- When else atom loses electrons to look like the nearest noble gas, it becomes a positively charged ion
- This is shown in the figure below
- A chemical link between two atoms, which holds the atoms together
- i.e.- ionic bond, convalent bond
- A chemical bond that froms between oppositely charged ions
- This forms between two ions to create a neutral compound
- A compound made of oppositely charged ions
- When one or more electrons are transfered from one atom to another. This is to create a full set of valence electrons.
- A compound formed when atoms of two or more different elements share electrons
- Formed when atpairs hare a pair of electrons to form a covalent bond
- A chemical bond in which two atoms share one or more pairs of electrons
- An analogy for a convalent bond is a tug of war game because two teams are joined by one mutual rope
- The smallest discrete particle of a molecular compound; has one or more shared pairs of electrons in one or more convalent bonds
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview