The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1st law of thermodynamics
the internal energy of a system can be increased by either adding heat or doing work on the system
ideal gas law
- an ideal gas is a gas for which the forces between atoms are small enough to be ignored.
- (Pressure x Volume)= (#gas atoms x Boltzman's constant x absolute temperature)
heat is transferred by the motion of a fluid
heat is transferred by electromagnetic waves
- gasoline engine. not all heat is used when burning
- Thermal engery- burning gas.
- some energy converted to work
- some heat is released into enviorment
net work done by the engy by the amount of heat used to do this work. E= W/Qh
- convert to kelvins
- ideal efficiency
- Ec= (Th-Tc)/Th
second law of thermodynamics
some energy is always lost
refrigerator- cold air becoming warmer
- electric field= force vector/ charge
- units are N/C
electrostatic potential energy
relationship between electric field and potential
- electric current
- I is electric current, q is charge, and T is time
- unit =ampere= C/s
Power supplied by the battery.
power dissipated by a resistor