Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
antioxidant, lowers chol
mental alertness, antioxidant, bleeding
helps with cold symptoms
- hot flashes
- GI symptoms
- interax causes hypoglycemia, hypotension
- helps with urinary issues of prostate enlargement
- interacts with Proscar
- component of epedra
- (upper SE)
st johns wort
- mild depression
eulixin (androgen receptor blocker)
prostate CA. combined with castration
- suppresses testosterone production
- (at first, increase, flare up sx)
- trichomonas infx
- avoid alcohol for few days!
- avoid in first trimester of preg!
uncommon besides malabsorption
- def: bleeding tendencies
- IV use severe hypersensitivity
- deficiency: night blindness
- toxic: birth def, liver, bone disorders
- deficiency: rickets, osteomalacia
- ^: hypercalcemia
fat soluble vits?
E, K, A, D
water soluble vits?
vit C, B1, B6, B12
deficiency: bone and tooth development
vit B1 (thiamin)
- deficiency: common in alcoholics
- Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome - CNS effects
- IV replacement
r/t alcoholism. Wernicke-korsakoff syndrome with CNS and neuro effects
vit B6 (pyridoxine)?
- deficiency: peripheral neuritis
- commonly seen in alcoholics, pts on INH therapy
- Tb treatment - highly selective
- msut be taken for 6 months atleast
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview