Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
when are record bases fabricated on the master cast? When are they used?
- Following the 2nd clinical appt (Master impression appt)
- used during the 3rd clincial appointment
What is used to mount the master casts to the articulator?
The facebow record and the maxillomandibular relation record
At which appointment do we transfer the maxillomandibular relation to the articulator?
the 3rd clinical appointment
How thick should the land areas be? Why?
- At least 3mm in thickness
- to prevent fracture and loss of vestibular contours during fabrication
How thick should the mandibular and maxillary casts be? why?
- maxillary- 10mm
- mandibular- 15mm
- To prevent fracture and facilitate mounting
What should the base of the maxillary cast be parallel with?
The upper member of the articulator
Why do we have a butt joint between the cast and the plaster?
To prevent fracture during separation
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview