Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are record bases?
- Provisional appliances used to record the relationship of teh mandible to the maxilla
- Transfers the relationship of the maxilla to the articulator condyles
What do the record bases need to be able to do?
Adapt well to the tissue surface of the master cast without damaging it
When are the record bases fabricated on the master cast? When are they utilized?
- Following the second clinical appointment (master impression appointment)
- Utilized during the 3rd and 4th clinical appointments:
- -maxillomandibular relation records
- -setting of teeth for the wax trial denture
How thick does the palate need to be? Why?
Palate should be 2mm thick to facilitate speech
What do rough ridges facilitate?
The adhesion of wax for the teeth
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview