Card Set Information
FARs part 61
What does a person need to serve as a required pilot flight crewmember of a civil aircraft of the United States?
What needs to be on your person or readily accessable in the aircraft.
What do you need to act as pilot in command of a civil aircraft under IFR or in weather conditions less than the minimums prescribed for VFR flight.
(1) instrument rating with the appropriate aircraft category, class and type rating (if required) on that person's pilot certificate for any airplane, helicopter, or powered-lift being flown;
(2) An airline transport pilot certificate with the appropriate aircraft category, class, and type rating (if required) for the aircraft being flown;
When must you present your airman certificate, medical certificate and photo identification for inspection?
Upon request by
(1) The Administrator;
(2) An authorized representative of the National Transportation Safety Board;
(3) Any Federal, State, or local law enforcement officer; or
(4) An authorized representative of the Transportation Security Administration.
What Training time and aeronautical experience. Must be documented and recorded in a manner acceptable to the Administrator:
(1) Training and aeronautical experience used to meet the requirements for a certificate, rating, or flight review.
(2) The aeronautical experience required for meeting the recent flight experience requirements.
What needs to be done within the last 6 months to keep up instrument currency?
In actual or sumulated instrument conditions, preformed at least.
Six instrument approaches.
Holding procedures and tasks.
Intercepting and tracking courses through the use of navigational electronic systems.
When is an Instrument proficiency check required?
When a person does not meet the instrument experience requirements within 12 calendar months preceding the month of the flight.