Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Acquired in medical facilities
Nosocomial Infections are primarily due to?
- Susceptible individuals
- Presence of many pathogens
- Extensive antibiotic use/resistance
Source of Nosocomial infections can be?
- Exogenous - Comes from the outside
- Endogenous - From your own body
Common nosocomial infections sites?
- Urinary tract
- Surgical wounds (skin is #1 in infection)
- Respiratory tract
Opportunistic pathogens are common in?
Common nosocomial pathogens?
- E. Coli
- S. aureus
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa (opportunistic)
Prevention of nosocomial infections?
Common sites of nosocomial infections?
- Urinary Tract
- Surgical Wounds
- Respiratory Tract
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview