Skin, Mucosa, Wounds
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Epithelial Cells
- Living cells; easier to attach, colonize, invade
Staphylococcal organism characteristics?
- Gm(+), common microflora, halophilic (salt)
- Virulence factors: Exotoxins
- Strains are increasingly drug resistant
Most pathogenic Staph?
Pimple/acne is caused by?
- Hair follicle infection (folliculitis)
- Propionibacterium acnes (long-term acne)
Absess definition/caused/treatment by?
- Deeper invasion, inflammation + pus
- Furuncle (boil): Exterior layers inflamed
- Carbuncle: Larger, deeper infection, begins to affect blood supply(fever)
- Antibiotic treatment difficult, usually drained
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview